There are many things which enhance the power of a woman. A sparking personality, quick wit, developed intellect, impeccable style
But above all, a woman’s confidence can be one of her most powerful assets.
Her confidence shows through everything. It speaks louder than the shoes she wears, the places she travels, and sometimes even louder than the books she reads. It is reflected by the way she carries herself and the way she treats others. It can open doors for her in life, and lack of it can close them again.
So, what marks the differences between a truly confident woman, and one who is just trying too hard?
– A confident woman will hold high standards for who she allows in her life, both as friends and intimately. She knows her value and will not let anyone into her circles who will drag her down.
– A confident woman will not settle for those who don’t deserve her time or attention. If someone brings drama or negativity to her life, she will realize it’s time to cut them out, or at least lessen her time with them.
– A confident woman will recognize herself and her talents as being unique and valuable. She will utilize her skill set(s) to advance herself in life and accomplish the goals she sets for herself.
– A confident woman will not allow herself to succumb to societal pressures of what she ‘should’ be like or ‘should do’ – she will be her own person and not lose sight of her own worth just because someone else may not see it.
– A confident woman will be self-reliant and strive to learn new things. She will grab life by the horns every chance she gets. Go out to dinner alone, fix something that breaks in the house, take a new class or read a new book. A renaissance woman has no need to rely on anyone.
– A confident woman will not continue putting herself in positions where she must be taken care of. She will appreciate those who do things for her out of love because she knows it’s a sign they care for her, but she won’t need them to.
– A confident woman will have her own identity in a relationship. She will be a man’s partner and teammate. She will be the other half of the power couple.
– A confident woman will not let a man, or anyone, define her. This is incredibly detrimental to self-esteem and she will begin to feel like less of a person if she’s single. A woman who relies on having a man in her life to define her self-worth will always be chasing after people, instead of realizing her value and letting them come to her.
– A confident woman will continue to be her loving, caring self, regardless of who appreciates it or who doesn’t. She is who she is because of her, not anyone else. If someone doesn’t value her, she understands it has more to do with them, and less to do with her. She will not let someone change her in this way.
– A confident woman will not allow herself to be changed by the actions of others. She will not become harsh or cruel if she is genuinely kind-hearted. She will take pride in her loving nature. She will be nice to others because of who she is, not because of who they are.
– A confident woman will be content with her own self-worth and the adoration of those who love her. She will present herself with cool, calm, and collected class.
– A confident woman will not feel the need to publicly compliment herself or chase after attention. She doesn’t need to seek validation from others in order to make her feel good about herself, and she understands the only true lasting confidence comes from within.
And perhaps most of all, a confident woman will never stay in a situation or a relationship where she is not valued, celebrated, or appreciated.